Rugby World Cup 2015 prize draw terms and conditions
Promoter: HS1 Limited, 12th Floor, One Euston Square, 40 Melton Street, London, NW1 2FD (the ‘Promoter’).
1. The Promoter’s standard terms and conditions for competitions (http://stpancras.com/standard-terms-and-conditions-for-competitions, the ‘Standard Terms’) apply to the Rugby World Cup 2015 Prize Draw (the ‘Competition’).
2. These terms and conditions (defined as the ‘Competition Terms’ in the Standard Terms) apply to the Competition together with the Standard Terms (which together are defined in the Standard Terms as the ‘Rules’). Except where otherwise stated, defined terms used in these Competition Terms shall have the same meaning as in the Standard Terms.
3. The Competition shall open at 00:01 on 24th August 2015 (the ‘Opening Date’) and close at 23:59 on Wednesday 21st October 2015 (the ‘Closing Date’) subject to the individual draw entry dates in paragraph 6 below.
4. For the purposes of Rule 9 of the Standard Terms, Promoter and MasterCard UK Management Services Limited (‘MasterCard’) will be deemed to be companies involved with the Competition.
To enter: You must complete all of the following actions between the Opening Date and the Closing Date to be entered in to the prizes draws (the ‘Entry’):
a. Download the St Pancras Application (the ‘App’) to an electronic mobile device;
b. Complete your profile with your valid email address; and
c. Redeem an offer on the App by paying with a MasterCard card held in your name.
5. The Competition is open to residents of the UK and Isle of Man aged 18 or over. Only one Entry per person. Bulk, third party or organized group entries will be disqualified. Rules 12 and 18 of the Standard Terms are hereby disapplied for the purposes of this Competition.
6. The Prizes: This Competition contains three draws; each prize shall be drawn on a different date as set out below. Subject to you submitting your Entry prior to the Draw Date (as defined in paragraph 7 below) of each prize, one Entry will make you eligible for all draws.
A. 2 x A pair of group stage tickets to England vs. Wales on 26th September 2015 at Twickenham
i. Entry to be received before 23:59 on 15th September 2015 to be entered for draws A, B and C.
B. 1 x A pair of tickets to the Rugby World Cup Semi-final on Saturday 24th October 2015 at Twickenham
i. Entry to be received before 23:59 on 13th October 2015 to be entered for draws B and C.
C. 1 x A pair of tickets to the Rugby World Cup Final on Saturday 31st October 2015 including a three day hospitality package for two comprising of:
i. Two nights in a double room of London Corinthia Hotel London, Whitehall Place, SW1A 2BD, check in Friday 30th October 2015 and check out Sunday 1st November 2015;
ii. Car/coach return transfers from the following London train stations or airports to the Corinthia Hotel on check-in and check-out dates:
c. King’s Cross/St Pancras;
e. Heathrow; or
iii. Breakfast and dinner during Corinthia Hotel stay;
iv. Two match hospitality packages including three hours of hospitality pre-match and 2 hours post match and a welcome gift upon arrival; and
v. Return car/coach transfers to/from the match.
ii. Entry to be received before 23:59 on 20th October 2015 to be entered for this draw C.
7. The Prize-winners will be chosen at random in accordance with the following schedule:
a. Draw A on 16th September 2015
b. Draw B on 14th October 2015; and
c. Draw C on 21st October 2015 (the “Draw Date(s)”).
8. The draw will be conducted under the supervision of an independent adviser.
9. The Prize-winner will be notified by email used when registering their profile on the App (‘Prize Notification’) within 2 days of the Draw Date for that Prize. The Prize-winner will have 3 days from receipt of the Prize Notification to claim their Prize by registering their details. If the Prize-winner has not claimed their Prize within this period, the Promoter will be entitled to select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with the Standard Terms.
10. Except for Prize C, Prize-winners shall collect their Prize from Twickenham stadium on the day of the match. For Prize C, the Prize will be sent to the Prize-winner within 7 days them claiming their Prize, which will be arranged by the Promoter. Notwithstanding paragraph 15 below, the Promoter is not responsible for goods or services supplied by MasterCard or any other third parties.
11. The name of the Prize-winner will be available for a period of two months from the Draw Date by writing to “St Pancras Rugby World Cup Prize Draw” together with a SAE at the Promoter’s address above.
12. Each winner and his/her guest(s) as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time (as available and set out at https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx or such other webpage as determined by Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”) from time to time) and all applicable RWCL, the tournament organiser (England Rugby 2015, “ER2015”) and venue owner or operator rules and regulations relating to access to Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any terms of accreditation determined by RWCL). Further each winner and his/her guest(s) acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL and/or ER2015 concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
13. Winners and/or guests shall not, while using any Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL or the Rugby World Cup. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this paragraph 13 will cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
14. The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL and/or ER2015 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspected breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or ER2015 relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
15. This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL. Accordingly the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in the staging of Rugby World Cup 2015 (including ER2015) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
16. By taking part in this Competition you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Rules as amended from time to time.
17. The governing law and jurisdiction as set out in Rules 24 and 25 of the Standard Terms shall apply to any matter arising out of or in connection with this Competition.
Standard terms for competitions
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any competition (the 'Competition') that is promoted on the St Pancras website (www.stpancras.com) or at St Pancras International Station by or on behalf of HS1 Limited of 12th Floor, One Euston Square, 40 Melton Street, London NW1 2FD ('HS1 Ltd') and by entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- HS1 Ltd reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of HS1 Ltd's reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Competition, will be posted on the St Pancras website (www.stpancras.com). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of HS1 Ltd shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by HS1 Ltd.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. HS1 Ltd reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in the United Kingdom and persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply. Where a Competition is open to persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom, no person may enter the Competition if the Competition breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. HS1 Ltd assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person's entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to HS1 Ltd's satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- HS1 Ltd reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to HS1 Ltd disqualifying that person, without HS1 Ltd giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including HS1 Ltd); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. HS1 Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, HS1 Ltd will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that HS1 Ltd discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, HS1 Ltd accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by HS1 Ltd in its sole discretion).
- Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, HS1 Ltd reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason HS1 Ltd reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, HS1 Ltd reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- HS1 Ltd accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- HS1 Ltd accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
- You agree that HS1 Ltd (and any third party authorised by HS1 Ltd) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the St Pancras website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to HS1 Ltd the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give HS1 Ltd (and any third party authorised by HS1 Ltd) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- HS1 Ltd will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within the UK) or country of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident outside the UK); and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Competition publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Copies of these Rules
- A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: [Name of Competition], HS1 Limited, 12th Floor, One Euston Square, 40 Melton Street, London, NW1 2FD.